To ensure the continued health and safety of our faculty, staff, and students, all visitors will be required to follow the COVID-19 Visit Policy found below and on the tour registration page. Please register for your desired tour time in advance; due to the risks associated with COVID-19, we are not able to accommodate walk-ins.
Rensselaer is coming to you! Join members of the Rensselaer community to learn about how you can begin your world-changing journey at Rensselaer.
COVID-19 health and safety protocols will be in place, and capacity will be limited. Details may be found on the registration page.
Houston, TX Information Session - Monday, December 6, 7-9 p.m.
Dallas, TX Information Session - Tuesday, December 7, 7-9 p.m.
Miami, FL Information Session - Wednesday, December 8, 7-9 p.m.
Santa Clara, CA Information Session - Tuesday, December 14, 7-9 p.m.
Los Angeles, CA Area Information Session - Wednesday, December 15, 7-9 p.m.
- Tours will be comprised of no more than thirty people per group.
- Tours will be led by current students or admissions staff and last approximately an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half.
- Visiting students will be limited to one additional guest. Any additional family members beyond the student and one guest will be asked to remain in their vehicle for the entire campus visit.
- Visiting students and their guest will be required to fill out a COVID-19 Health Form prior to their arrival.
- Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time. If you arrive after your scheduled tour time, it is likely that you will not be able to tour campus.
- Parking is available behind the Heffner Alumni House (1301 Peoples Avenue). Additional parking can be found in the J-Lot next to the Heffner Alumni House.
- In accordance with campus policy, masks must be worn for unvaccinated visitors for the duration of the visit.
- Vaccinated visitors will still be required to wear a mask when inside campus buildings.
- Social distancing guidelines must be observed for all visitors.
- The tour will almost exclusively take place outdoors. Please dress appropriately as the weather conditions can change greatly from day-to-day. Access to classrooms, residence halls, dining halls, department and faculty offices and most indoor spaces will not be permitted. Individual meetings with Rensselaer community members, including faculty, staff and students will also not be permitted.
- Upon completion of your tour, we would ask that you return to your vehicle and depart campus to allow for the arrival of the next group of visitors.
In-person tours are currently being offered at 9 a.m., 12 p.m., and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Visiting prospective students are limited to one additional guest.
To ensure the continued health and safety of our faculty, staff, and students, all visitors will be required to follow the COVID-19 Visit Policy found above and on the tour registration page.
Schedule Your Visit (Please Note: Due to the risks associated with COVID-19, we are not able to accommodate walk-ins)
Admissions Information Session Webinars: Join us to hear from and admissions counselor about how you can begin your world-changing journey at Rensselaer!
Student Ambassador-Led Virtual Tours: Take a virtual campus tour with our student ambassadors! If you haven't already experienced our virtual tour (or even if you have), this is a great way to learn more about the campus from the comfort of your home. A student ambassador will guide you through campus and answer any questions that you have. This tour will highlight academic buildings, athletic facilities, residence life, and more
Admissions Student Ambassador Webinars: We are excited to bring you special opportunities to connect with our current students! Each webinar will feature four student ambassadors representing a variety of majors/minors, extracurricular activities, and co-op/internship/research experiences.
Unfortunately, at this time, we are not taking any group visit requests. Please check back for future availability.
If you are interested in bringing a group of 10 or more students to campus, please complete the Group Visit Request Form. We do our best to accommodate group visit requests; however we cannot guarantee staff and student availability.
Please review our Group Visit Guidelines prior to your visit.
|Drive times to Troy, NY from...|
|Albany, NY||15 min|
|Hartford, CT||2 hours|
|New York City, NY||2.5 hours|
|Boston, MA||3 hours|
|Montreal, Canada||3.5 hours|
|Philadelphia, PA||4 hours|
|Easy Access to...|
|Ride Sharing (Uber/Lyft)|
|Albany/Rensselaer Amtrak Station||10 miles|
|Albany International Airport||11 miles|