Skip to main content

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)

Complete Health Center Requirements

With the transition to college comes the opportunity — and the challenge — of managing your own health. Rensselaer has a comprehensive AAAHC-accredited, physician-directed Student Health Center providing ambulatory health care for all enrolled students. Located right on campus, and within blocks of Samaritan Hospital (a 180-bed community hospital), the Student Health Center offers:

  • Daily appointments for confidential medical, psychological, gynecological, and other services.
  • Specialist referrals, hospital referrals, and pharmacy delivery services.
  • A specially designed health insurance plan.
  • Health education and wellness programs.
  • Assistance for students with disabilities.

Rensselaer’s Student Health Center is one of 280 health centers nationwide that is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), a national organization. Accreditation affirms that our health center is committed to providing high-quality care by measuring up to AAAHC’s high standards.


Health Center Requirements

Please review the information below and complete the required Student Health Center items.

Pre-Entrance Medical Forms

Download the Pre-Entrance Immunization Form (coming soon) and have it completed by your doctor.

Register and complete the five required Pre-Entrance Medical Forms at the Student Health Center Portal by June 18, 2019. This portal will be available mid-May. Once it becomes available, you will be able to create a portal account approximately 1-2 weeks after you have paid your deposit.

At the Student Health Center Portal, you must register and create an account. We recommend using your “” email address to ensure that you receive the system generated temporary password.

When you have received your password, login to your account at the Student Health Center Portal and complete all of the forms in the “pending forms” section.

You will have five forms to complete:

  1. Immunization History Form – Complete and submit this form using the Pre-Entrance Immunization Form completed by your doctor. After you submit this form, use the “Document Upload” feature of the Health Portal to upload a copy of your completed Pre-Entrance Immunization Form to the portal.
  2. Notice of Privacy Practices Form – Review and submit.
  3. Patient Information-Medical History Form – Complete and submit.
  4. Pre-Entrance Tuberculosis Screening Form – Complete and submit.
  5. Health Insurance Waiver/Enrollment Form – Complete and submit no later than September 1. If you are waiving, use the “Document Upload” feature of the Health Portal to upload a copy of your insurance card.

A pre-entrance physical exam is NOT required unless you are playing a varsity sport.

If you are playing a varsity sport: Have your physician fill out the Physical Exam Form. You must submit this documentation before you will be cleared to participate.

Student Health Center and Health Insurance Fees

All Rensselaer students pay a health center fee that provides access to on-campus medical, counseling, and health education services. The Health Center does not charge family insurance plans for health care services.

In addition, to ensure access to off-campus health care services, an annual health insurance fee is billed to all students. Our annual health insurance coverage has been carefully designed to reflect the needs of today’s active students. If you have equivalent coverage, our health insurance fee may be waived, but you will be required to pay the health center fee.

Health Insurance Waivers are completed on the Student Health Center Portal. This is one of the five mandatory forms you will complete on the portal. Waivers will be accepted until September 1. For more details see the Student Health Center website.

Online Alcohol and Sexual Assault Education Programs

All new first-year and transfer students are required to complete two online education programs: AlcoholEdu and Haven. Each course has two parts. You will sign on using your RCS ID and password. Once in the Everfi system select “First Year Student 2019-2020” from the dropdown menu. Both courses should appear on your dashboard. The courses can be accessed starting July 30.

You will receive course instructions via your RPI email prior to the courses opening on July 30. DO NOT log into the system and begin the courses before July 30 or your progress will not be tracked and you will not receive credit for completing the courses.