|Clubs & Organizations at RPI
“Do Fun Better” While your academic work and residential life will keep you very busy, you will also have the opportunity to choose from among more than 200 clubs, sports, and organizations.
In fact, The Princeton Review consistently lists Rensselaer on its top 10 “More to Do on Campus” list.
The Institute offers students myriad opportunities to get involved and explore their interests beyond the confines of the classroom, including:
- Intramural sports clubs from aikido and archery to fencing and ultimate Frisbee.
- Extracurricular clubs such as the astrophysical society, game development club, and the model railroad society.
- Performing and visual arts organizations including ballroom dance, a capella, jazz ensemble, and drama club.
- Media organizations such as the Institute’s student-run newspaper, The Polytechnic.
- Service organizations like the Terra Café, RPI ambulance, and Habitat for Humanity.
All of Rensselaer’s clubs and organizations are based in the Rensselaer Union, which is one of the only student-run Unions in the country.
Rensselaer Union Photo Tour